Obituary for Jan Delaney
Janice Kay “Jan” Delaney was born July 8, 1941 at Flora, Illinois. She was the eldest of four children born to Robert Francis Delaney and Helen Gladys Boze. Jan received her education at Flora, where she graduated from high school
Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse
The Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse was built in the 1850’s for the Earl’s use and is the oldest boathouse on the lake.
The famous author Rudyard Kipling owes his name to Rudyard Lake. His father John Lockwood Kipling was working in Burslem and met Alice MacDonald in 1863 and courted her at Rudyard Lake in Rudyard, Staffordshire. Alice was one of the
Schools of Rudyard
Horton St Michael’s is a small rural village First School set in the heart of the Staffordshire Moorlands, close to Leek. It currently has 82 pupils on roll, from a varied catchment of mixed socio-economic groups, largely consisting of a farming community, drawing on the
Honey (Trip Boat)
The Rudyard Lake League Of Friends purchased the trip boat 'Honey' in 2004. She was a diesel-powered captain's cutter launch from 1942 which had been lovingly restored by her previous owner.
For its first fifty or so years the reservoir must have been a tranquil place with perhaps just a few local landowners and a small number of people walking to the lake from local villages and towns.
History of the Dam
The Dam was designed by John Rennie and construction started in 1797 with Hugh Henshall as resident engineer. Shortly after the Dam was completed, cracks were found at its ends necessitating the Dam to be extended with wings at
Day at the Lake
On the 30th April, 1st & 2nd of May 2016, Wild Rumpus, producers of the award-winning Just So Festival created a large-scale outdoor experience at the Lake.
Carlos Trower – The African Blondin
Carlos Trower, an Afro-American tight rope walker who called himself ‘The African Blondin’ was born in the late 1840s in New York and began tight-rope walking at an early age.
“Delaney’s” – Café Extension
The Rudyard Lake Trust are pleased to announce the completion of the extension to the café at the Lake.