John Rennie (Engineer)
John Rennie (1761 – 1821) was a Scottish civil engineer. He was the son of an East Lothian farmer, taking an interest in mechanical works at a young age. He matriculated from Edinburgh university which he left in 1783.
The Activity Centre
With the opening of The Visitor’s Centre in 2001 Rudyard Lake received much positive press coverage and relatively local people from places such as Congleton and Macclesfield “rediscovered” the Lake on their doorstep, a place which previously had something of
History of the Dam
The Dam was designed by John Rennie and construction started in 1797 with Hugh Henshall as resident engineer. Shortly after the Dam was completed, cracks were found at its ends necessitating the Dam to be extended with wings at