The League of Friends
Formed in 1998, the League of Friends currently has over 150 members from all over the world. The volunteers arrange various fundraising activities including the spectacular sound and light show every Guy Fawkes night, along with classic car shows
John Rennie (Engineer)
John Rennie (1761 – 1821) was a Scottish civil engineer. He was the son of an East Lothian farmer, taking an interest in mechanical works at a young age. He matriculated from Edinburgh university which he left in 1783.
Rudyard Lake is a man made reservoir and is supplied from a feeder at the north end which runs from the river Dane. At the south end the dam incorporates a ‘spillway’ which determines the maximum level of the water in the lake;
Obituary for Jan Delaney
Janice Kay “Jan” Delaney was born July 8, 1941 at Flora, Illinois. She was the eldest of four children born to Robert Francis Delaney and Helen Gladys Boze. Jan received her education at Flora, where she graduated from high school
Cliffe Park Hall
Cliffe Park Hall, located on the northwest side of the lake was built by John Haworth in 1811 at a cost of £25,000.
Isaac & Harry Bailey
Both enlisted not long after the war was declared and after a period of training, both were despatched to France, Harry arriving on 26 February 1915 and Ike two months later, on 24 April. Harry, the younger man, had joined
The Activity Centre
With the opening of The Visitor’s Centre in 2001 Rudyard Lake received much positive press coverage and relatively local people from places such as Congleton and Macclesfield “rediscovered” the Lake on their doorstep, a place which previously had something of
Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse
The Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse was built in the 1850’s for the Earl’s use and is the oldest boathouse on the lake.