Rudyard reservoir was the fourth reservoir constructed by the Trent and Mersey Canal Company to provide water at the summit of the Caldon branch of the Trent and Mersey canal.
Tearooms of Rudyard
One has to imagine a time when what was really quite an isolated community in the Staffordshire Moorlands was almost overnight converted to a tourist destination owing to the arrival of the railway.
The Visitor’s Centre
The Rudyard Lake Trust (founded in 1996) has as one of it’s key Objectives ‘to educate the visitors to the area’. The temporary facilities which were ‘inherited’ consisted of portable cabins to accommodate not only a Visitor’s Centre but the
Houses of Rudyard
Rudyard village consists primarily of four roads which meet at the mini-roundabout in front of what was the Railway Hotel, a location known in the past as Harper’s Gate.
“Delaney’s” – Café Extension
The Rudyard Lake Trust are pleased to announce the completion of the extension to the café at the Lake.
History of the North Staffordshire Railway Company
The following extract is taken from the 1908 edition of The Official Illustrated Guide to the District Adjacent to the North Staffordshire Railway: The Company was formed in 1847, with a capital of £5,820,000, but twelve years previously a committee had